Our Babylingualism Workshops provide parents with up-to-date scientific background on the benefits of bilingualism (of which there are many!), dispelling common myths (is it ever too late or too early to speak the minority language to a child?), and providing a collaborative environment to give you the best parenting strategies and techniques to foster bilingualism in your children.
- Bilingualism benefits: improved cognitive ability and other psychosocial benefits for children growing into adulthood
- Dispelling bilingualism myths: children won’t get confused between languages, what language code switching is and what we can do
- Scientific research: current clinical and scientific evidence of the effects of bilingualism
- Parent child interaction: skills and strategies to adopt with a child to foster bilingualism into adulthood
When are the next workshops?
Click on the links below for further details:
For those busy parents who cannot make one of my workshops, I offer Bilingualism Private Consultations. These can be arrange one-to-one advice and support tailored to your family’s needs in the comfort of your own home, or a venue of your choosing.
Alternatively it is possible to arrange private group workshops. For example, if you have other bilingual parent parent friends and would like to host the event, I can offer discounts based on the number of families attending.
- Get the best advice on how to make your family bilingual using the latest speech science research
- Arrange a private session at your own time and convenience
- Fully tailored to your family needs and requirements
- Devise unique strategies specific to your child’s interests
- Not based in London UK? No problem – travel can be arranged, or consultations can be held over email, phone and video
“Thanks to Pui-Lai for actually bringing some clarity to the confusing mix of advice out there! We’re mixed nationality and want our future family to be able to comfortably communicate with all their relatives as well as keep a foothold of their heritage and culture. The workshop was an eye opening intro to the facts…
“Your seminar was so useful and surpassed our expectation! We love the evidence-based approach and all the tips you’ve given us, both as a professional and a parent in similar situation. In fact, we have many friends who are multilingual couples and I would recommend you to all of them.” Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, French
“The workshop motivated us a lot to raise our daughter trilingual. It was very interesting to learn more about the strategies to successfully teach her learning three languages. It was also very helpful in setting the right expectations.” Languages: German, Japanese and English
“It was great to have the opportunity to explore this topic from a very family focused personal perspective. I found it highly motivating to meet others who acknowledge minority language acquisition is not just going to happen, who seem to understand how important it is and how challenging it can be. Learning other families’ stories…
“The session was very informative, and we were grateful to receive personalised advise in relation to our family. It confirmed for us that we are on track for bringing our baby up bilingually and we’d recommend this workshop to other multi cultural families.” Languages: French and English
“We were very excited to have found Pui-Lai’s Bilingualism Workshop. We knew we wanted to expose our baby to our mother tongue languages, but were finding it hard to do so since English had become our primary language. The workshop was very encouraging and also helped us to set realistic expectations for our child. Equipped…